Festival Development Officer
Celtic Colours International Festival, Cape Breton’s annual award-winning, internationally renowned celebration of music and culture, has an opening for the position of Festival Development Officer.
This person plays a key support role in the organization and performs functions primarily related to identifying, developing and generating revenue streams for the festival. The incumbent’s responsibilities include all aspects of revenue development and will lead towards growth and expansion of the festival.
The Festival Development Officer works to develop strong mutually productive relationships with sponsors and festival partners. This position works under the direction of the Executive Director and is based out of Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Responsibilities include all aspects of the following:
- Identifying, developing and generating new and innovative revenue streams
- Cultivation and activation of corporate sponsor prospects
- Building, fostering and maintaining relationships with sponsors and funding partners
- Evaluation and reporting of revenue development activities
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the overall mandate and operation of the festival in order to properly develop a sponsorship plan and strategy that fits with the context of the organization’s strategic plan
- Post Secondary Education in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Background in revenue development and/or corporate sponsorship, preferably within the not-for-profit sector
- Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation, and consensus-building skills
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience and success with soliciting corporate support and fulfilling agreements
- Be self-motivated, and exhibit initiative and teamwork
- Be well organized with strong time management skills and must be detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Present confidently in a compelling manner to a wide array of audiences in a corporate environment
- Have strong proficiency in current computer and database programs
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume prior to August 16, 2013 to:
Joella Foulds, Executive Director
Celtic Colours International Festival
850 Grand Lake Road, Suite 8
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.